DID SOMEONE MENTION A VIRGIN RAFFLE?
HEY, YOU! READ THIS! WE'VE LOST OUR MINDS, AND YOU NEED TO KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON!
To celebrate BOOLESQUE'S 10th anniversary, it is our privilege to present the 1975 original version of the cult classic, "The Rocky Horror Picture Show." If you're finding the best flower shops near me? Our superb cast of Burlesque artists will be performing specially-crafted acts as the movie rolls, and in the TRUE spirit of hardcore audience participation, Madame Corsetiere will be narrating the INCREDIBLY VULGAR secondary script and telling you silly virgins when to turn on your damned flashlights.
"INCREDIBLY VULGAR" is not an exaggeration. The secondary script is shouted at the screen by the audience, and has been in all of its offensive, strange, hilarious glory since 1975. NOTHING is off limits, including cheap shots at sexuality, politics, religion, and anything else that you wouldn't want other people to know you thought was funny. If you even THINK you may be in the mood to be offended, THIS IS NOT THE SHOW FOR YOU. Please don't come. We mean it. Go be the turd in someone else's punch bowl.
If you're not 18, stay the hell home. We don't care what sanitized reboot of Rocky Horror you've seen. This is not a "Glee" sing along, Skippy. Don't you have homework to do?
This is a semi-restricted prop show. Our venue was built in 1881 and is on the National Register of Historic Places. The audience will be drinking from open cups, and would rather not have stuff land in their drink. Also, we'd like to continue to be welcome at the Mauch Chunk Opera House, so DON'T BE A DICK and observe the rules:
NO THROWN PROPS!
- NO WATER/SQUIRT GUNS/SPRAY BOTTLES/SUPER SOAKERS
- NO RICE, NO TOAST, NO HOT DOGS, OR ANY OTHER FOOD
- NO CONFETTI OR SILLY STRING
- NO TOILET PAPER
- NO PLAYING CARDS
- NO AIRHORNS
- NO FIRE/LIGHTERS/MATCHES, ASSHOLE!
- YES NEWSPAPERS
- YES FLASHLIGHTS
- YES PARTY NOISEMAKERS
- YES BICYCLE HORNS/SQUEAKY TOYS
- YES PARTY HATS
- YES RUBBER GLOVES
- YES BELLS
- YES YOUR VOICE!
And one more thing...
Madame will be sacrificing Virgins, but they'll be paying for the privilege. Buy a raffle ticket right before the show starts, and you might be one of the four WILLING adults chosen at random to lose your Rocky Horror V-card to the twisted mistress herself. Don't be a wuss.
- We accept all major credit cards
- Go to our "TICKETS" page, or scroll down to the event listing and click the seating chart.
- Tickets are also available at SoundCheck Records, 23 Broadway, Jim Thorpe.
- Doors at 7PM, Showtime 8PM
- Delivery options for tickets are Print At Home or Will-Call.
- The MCOH Box Office Opens at 5PM DAY OF SHOW for walk-up sales and will-call pick up.
- Show is 18+, with ID to drink
- For more show info, call (570)807-8891 or email [email protected]
- Tickets are $25-$45,and are non-refundable.
- Costumes welcome, but not required.
BOOLESQUE is proudly sponsored by The High Priestess Metaphysical Boutique,
at 108 Broadway, Second Floor, in downtown Jim Thorpe.
Proprietress Rev. Brooke Nelson, HPs, PhD, offers:
- Certified Holistic Tarot Readings
- Occult Supplies, including crystals and hard-to-find herbs
- Custom Spellcraft and candles
- Esoteric classes and seminars
Stay in the New Age loop on FaceBook @highpriestessboutique on Instagram @highpriestessboutique and at wiccanhighpriestess.com
PA Burlesque YouTube
© Jim Thorpe Burlesque Limited, 2018. All content within this website, as well as those websites associated with Jim Thorpe Burlesque, Renaissance Men, Dragontown Burlesque, and the Pennsylvania Burlesque Festival is property of Jim Thorpe Burlesque Limited, and is protected by the intellectual property and copyright laws of the United States. Photographs submitted by our performers and sponsors are reproduced with permission.